LinkAssist ONLINE COMMUNITY NOTICEBOARD
Terms and Conditions for use of linkAssist site (“site”)
- You agree to use the site only for the purposes permitted under these terms and subject to any applicable laws.
- You agree to not to change, add, deface, remove the site through hacking or other malicious means.
- You agree not to use the site in any way which is fraudulent, misleading or otherwise unlawful.
- You agree to indemnify UnitingCare lifeAssist (the owner of the site), including its employees and agents, against any action or loss as a result of you breaching any of these terms and conditions.
- Any actions which are threatening, intimidating, malicious or may cause physical or emotional harm to another user will not be tolerated. linkAssist may suspend or cancel any account where such actions are detected, and may refer those actions and account details to police or other authorities.
Complaints, your information and your safety
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns, complaints or are unsure if a message you receive in response to a post breaks the linkAssist terms and conditions.
- Victorian Disability Services Commissioner is an independent voice which can assist with any concerns or complaints which you may have.
- The Victorian Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities can help you understand your rights and responsibilities, and if they are being abused.
- Say no to abuse! If you think someone is being abusive to you, please report it to email@example.com. If you believe you have encountered abusive behaviour remember that you have no obligation to respond to the user.
- Your feedback is important to us. Please send us any feedback on linkAssist to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The private information which your give to us is kept confidential. We do not disclose your information to other parties without your consent or use it without your consent.
- To see how we protect your identity in your notices, please read the section of creating a notice.
Registering your account
All messages between linkAssist users are sent via linkAssist to protect the identities and personal information of users. If you wish to post a notice on this site, or if you wish to respond to a notice on this site, you must first register as a user.
- Registration is free.
- To register you must provide your name, email address and create a password and a contact email address. You must also provide a contact phone number (either mobile or fixed line) to enable linkAssist to verify that you are a valid user.
- The private information which you provide us will not be used without your consent.
- We reserve the right to remove users who have chosen to have an inappropriate, disrespectful and/or obscene username.
- Site membership is not transferable.
Communication between users – always protect your identity.
Do not disclose any personal information (your name, address, email address or phone number) to people you do not know or trust.
- linkAssist does require that anyone responding to a posted notice be a registered linkAssist user, but does not read, record or save any email correspondence between users.
- linkAssist urges you to always exercise caution when replying to response emails.
- Never disclose any bank account or credit card details to anyone through linkAssist. linkAssist will never ask anyone for this information (SPONSORED links excluded).
- Any actions which are threatening, intimidating, malicious or may cause physical or emotional harm to another user are not permitted. linkAssist may suspend or cancel any account where such actions are detected, and may refer those actions and account details to police or other authorities.
- Should you receive an email which you think is offensive, inappropriate, or in any way breaches these conditions of use, please forward it immediately to email@example.com
Communication between linkAssist and you
By signing up for your linkAssist account, you agree to receive emails from linkAssist to your registered email address. These emails will provide you with important updates about your account, your notices and activity related to you on linkAssist.
- linkAssist will endeavour to respond to your feedback and contact submissions within five working days. However, we reserve the right to not respond when appropriate.
Creating a notice
After registering, you can create your own notice(s) by following the prompts.
- Once you have created your notice, it must be approved by a site administrator before it will appear on the site. This may take up to two (2) working days. Please ensure you allow sufficient time for approval if your notice contains dates. This ensures that all notices posted meet the standard set out in these terms and conditions.
- All notices, except Community Group or Sponsored Link Notices will automatically expire fourteen (14) days after publication. An expiry advice email will be sent to the user 24 hours before their notice expires. A user may re-activate an expired notice for a further 14 days through the My Account section of linkAssist. If any content has been changed, the notice will need to be re-approved before it appears on the site.
- UnitingCare lifeAssist reserves the right, at its discretion, to reject your notice if it contains offensive or inappropriate material or information, or if it is deemed to be of a commercial nature.
- When you submit content in any format, including photographs, text and graphics, you warrant that the content is true and accurate, is not defamatory and that you are not infringing on any copyright, intellectual property or trademarks.
- All responses to your posted notice will be delivered by linkAssist's automated email forwarding system. Your personal details will not be visible to anyone using the site.
Sponsored link advertising revenue enables linkAssist to be offered as a free service to the community.
Sponsored links are subject to the same terms and conditions of use with the following exceptions:
- Sponsored link notices may be booked for 3, 6 or 12 months, and for multiple linkAssist regions.
- Sponsored link notices contain hyperlinks to the sponsor’s website instead of contact email links. Any contact to sponsors must go via the “Contact Us” section of the sponsor’s own website.
- Sponsored link notices will appear in carousel format in random order. Where a specific linkAssist category has been chosen for sponsored links these will appear first in a search of that category.
- Payment in full is required via secure payment portal at the time of submitting content for approval, however funds will not be transferred until the initial notice is approved and published.
- Content of sponsored link notices may be changed as often as the sponsor wishes, but changes will not appear on linkAssist until the content has been reviewed and approved. Should a sponsor “pause” their notice for any reason, there is no extension of period or refund for the paused time.
- The appearance of a sponsored link advertisement is not an endorsement of the sponsor, or of the sponsor’s products or services, by linkAssist or UnitingCare lifeAssist.
BUY SWAP SELL users:
We urge consumer caution when purchasing any goods or services found on any website, including linkAssist.
- Sellers must be registered users of this site and must create their own notice. Other than approving the content of a notice for publication, lifeAssist has no involvement in the transaction.
- As a seller, you warrant that the goods are yours to sell, and are not subject to any charge, hire-purchase agreement or other restriction over your ability to sell the goods.
- Buyers and sellers must mutually agree the price of the goods or services, and for collection or delivery of goods in a way which is mutually acceptable.
- UnitingCare lifeAssist does not accept any responsibility or liability for any loss or damages in any way connected with a transaction between a buyer and seller.
lifeAssist and linkAssist
linkAssist is owned and managed by UnitingCare lifeAssist.
- UnitingCare lifeAssist may, at its discretion, at any time suspend or terminate your access to this site if we believe you have breached any terms or conditions of use; if you are suspected of fraudulent or inappropriate activity on this site; if we are unable to verify any information you provide; if we are required to do so by law or if we believe your actions may result in legal liability.
- UnitingCare lifeAssist does not provide any warranties about the accuracy of the information contained on the site, accepts no responsibility and will not be held liable for any errors, inaccuracies or misrepresentations contained within the site.
- The limited number of sponsored link advertising which appears on linkAssist enables this service to be provided by lifeAssist as a totally free service for all other users.
- The site may include links to third party sites which are not related to UnitingCare lifeAssist. The appearance of any such links does not infer any relationship with or endorsement by UnitingCare lifeAssist. This includes all sponsored link advertising on linkAssist.
UnitingCare lifeAssist reserves the right to change these terms at any time, at its discretion and without notice. We reserve the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the site.
For further information about UnitingCare lifeAssist, or to contact us:
- visit our website at http://www.lifeassist.org.au, or
- telephone 1300-ASSIST (1300-277-478) or
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Office: Ground Floor, Building 5, Brandon Office Park, 530-540 Springvale Road, Glen Waverley, Victoria, 3150, Australia.